Followers

Monday 8 July 2013

Less is More - Shades of Grey - Week 127

Well that was a very full on weekend - after crafting all day on Saturday at the Stampin Up Extravaganza we had the village duck races yesterday.  It was a beautiful day although about 30 degrees (40 degrees on Centre Court!!!) but down by the river there was a lovely breeze blowing.  Mind you by the time we'd finished cooking the BBQ Tony and I were fit for not a lot! lol

Anyway I've missed out on the last couple of challenges at Less is More so was determined to do this one.




Now you don't need to use fifty shades but we would like to see a minimum of two shades on your creations this week. Don't forget that all important white (or grey space).

On Saturday Jenny had a sales table and I picked up a lovely stamp set called "Marry Me" which wasn't familiar to me at all but I really liked it so decided to use the main image and one of the sentiments for my card.

 


I stamped the bride and groom (which is a negative stamp) using Memento London Fog (1st shade), trimmed it down to size and then glittered the bride's veil.  I then mounted on two shades of grey pearlescent cardstock (3rd and 4th shades).   I rounded two of the corners on each layer.  I stamped the sentiment onto vellum with StazOn Stone Grey (5th shade) cut it down and then wrapped it around the bride and groom image so it ballooned out from the cardstock.  I used a piece of grey pleated ribbon across the card (6th shade) and popped up the image with some d/s foam pads.  I didn't have any grey pearls so used normal ones instead to finish off the card.

 

 Just finished off all my sample cards for our club night on Wednesday and am off to make a friend's birthday card and then, hopefully, I am going to find time for my online class (where I am soooo far behind!!!) where I'm using alcohol inks with Yupo paper - sound intriguing???

Thanks for dropping by - have a great week.








8 comments:

  1. Great card Karen and nice that you've used your 'bargain' stamp set...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow loving this card and the theme must join in this time around (I say that everytime I see your cards mind)
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant, Karen ... wonderful use of the vellum and I love that pleated ribbon! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Karen - love the image And the vellum sentiment is perfect ... adds a delicate touch - love the way you've secured it to the card. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Karen, love the design.
    I have these stamps, love them..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Karen and it all works so well in grey. Glad to see you got a bargain, did you win anything?
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really have got a lot of shades in here Karen, well done you.
    Many thanks for choosing my chicken to showcase on ATCAS Facebook page!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed that you were able to pack all those shades in this sweetly CAS and wonderfully executed card, Karendipity!! It is perfect!! Hope are you having a blast at your club night!! (I'm waaaay behind on my online classes, too, sigh!) xxoo Dippy

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)