Followers

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Anita's Birthday Surprise and LIM Week 163

Hello Peeps

A few of us found out, too late, that our friend Anita R. from My Papercraft World had a birthday on February 18th, the stinker!

Bev of Happy Dance has suggested that we surprise Anita with a birthday card hop on March 18th and Darnell has offered to host it for us all.

Now those of you who know Anita will realise she has a real style on all her cards so I decided to case one that caught my eye last month.  Here is Anita's card:



And here is my take on her lovely card.  


Now I know Anita used plasterboard mesh tape and jointing medium but I had been wanting to use this That Special Touch - Distressed Dots mask.  I masked off the area I wanted the embossing paste to be and then used three colours of Sparkle Medium from Imagination Crafts (Black Stars, Jade and Silver).  When it was dry I matted it onto some dotty embossed card in complimentary colours and onto the card base.  I had used a Spellbinders border die at the bottom of the card and placed in a layer of vellum.  I then heat embossed in white the sentiment from Stampin Up Vintage Verses which, in turn was die cut using Spellbinders fancy tags.  This was then added to the card using some matching brads.

As this ties in nicely with the current challenge over at Less is More I am entering my card there.

So, although we are a month late I hope Anita feels it's worth it!!!  Happy Belated Birthday Anita. 







13 comments:

  1. Hi. Karen
    Fabulous card... Love the stencilling....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, I LOVE this, Karen!!! The glittery dots are gorgeous and I love how you've done the bottom with the scallop and the vellum. And what a fantastic sentiment and such a lovely die you've used to cut it. Great card!!!
    Have a super day!! Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Karen...love the gorgeous sparkled on the dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting technique for CAS cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita is going to adore your CASE of her card! Those dots are amazing! Love that little Spellbinders tag, too. What a wonderful card, and what a wonderful way to celebrate our friend's birthday! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on one of Anita's fabulous cards! Such a good idea to CASE her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a superb job of CASEing that fabulous card of Anita's, Karendipity! Just superb! All the wonderful touches just make this card special for her!! (You current blog background is really lovely, too!)

    Again, I'm sorry for the hiccup getting the button on the post at dark o'clock this morning. Darn military time!! Not to mention, I'm too dumb for this kind of thing, lol!! Thanks for joining in the party fun!! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card Karen, love those glittery dots and colors.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Karen ... you CASEd one of my cards ... goodness, I'm so honoured! It's stunning ... those gorgeous ombré sparkly dots, the fun polka dot layering, the beautiful vellum, the lovely sentiment ... wow ... thank you so much! Thank you so much too for your sweet words, I'm so touched that you joined in to make my surprise party such a special one! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know if my last comment came through as something peculiar happened as I pressed the 'publish' button. Dropped in to say Hi and to remark on how lovely that card is and what gorgeous colours too.
    Doubt I will make Taunton but I can ask himself!!Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also loved that card from Anita and briefly considered CASEing it! I love how yours came out and how you made it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous CASE for Anita!
    Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    (Guest commenter LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your take on Anita's card! The emboss paste dots are so fabulous. I love the sentiment and how you placed it to look like a sign. The colors are fabulous. Such a fun card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)