Followers

Saturday 26 April 2014

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #37

Hello Everyone - it's that time again............yep it's our latest challenge at Addicted to CAS and our esteemed leader Kylie has chosen the code word which is:


Our sponsor for this challenge is:


Now, as many of you will know Kylie is on a trip of a lifetime and is in London at the moment and then she's heading for Spain.  Sounds like she's having a fab time.

We are also welcoming back as Guest Designer the extremely talented Anita of My Papercraft World fame. 

Now it's not often I "do" grunge but I'd recently got the Stampin Up Off the Grid stamp and also had three PaperArtsy minis which are all "grungy".  So I've stamped these using mainly DI Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap and the Off the Grid was stamped with my Delicata GoldenGlitz.  The sentiment is SU Wonderful Words stamped onto vellum. torn and held in place with some brads.  I thought it was missing a little something so sponged three flowers with Frayed Burlap and added them.


Please pop on over to the Addicted to CAS blog where you will see some great inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  Don't forget the most important words are CLEAN AND SIMPLE.  Unfortunately any posts not conforming to this will be removed.

So, what are you waiting for????  Get those thinking caps on........can't wait to come and visit.

Happy crafting.




21 comments:

  1. I might get my thinking cap on! Love this card - glad to see you've used off the grid.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with this stamp set Karen...and the card is even nicer ITF...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp ... Karen, this is stunning! You've combined grunge, CAS and elegance so beautifully ... wow! Thanks so much for the shout out, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you rocked it Karen and the acetate strip is the perfect softening effect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this, Karen! Your colours and stamp choices are genius. The vellum strip was a perfect finish. I really am loving my trip. It was so good to meet Val and she promised to give you a hug from me when she next sees you. Hopefully there will be a next time and I will be able to come to your part of the country xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the strip of vellum over your grunge! The addition of the flowers was a great choice too. Very unexpected with the grunge but oh so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE everything about this card; from the colors to the vellum! My fav for the day~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think of grunge in the same breath as grunge but you've done a great job here with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this CAS grunge card Karen. You have achieved a great effect with these stamps.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Karen, love those grunge stamps, great collage layout:) The vellum is a great addition with the sentiment.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic design Karen, love those stamps you have used, fab colours too.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen,

    I think vellum always adds a bit of excitement and depth to a card, and the way you did yours makes me pay attention. I love it!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, I love all your cards, Karen, but I think this one is my absolute fav from you!!! I love, love, love it!!! The 3 little flowers are the perfect touch to round off everything and I love the colours!! Beautiful!!!
    Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen,
    if there is such a thing as "beautiful" grunge, then this is it ! Love the soft touch of vellum and flowers.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the little flowers, love the torn vellum, love it all, Karendipity! I just got that stamp set, too; thank goodness! You will be inspiring me if I have time to play along! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE IT ! This has to be my favorite card of yours ! Love the stamps and gorgeous grungy colors, the strip of vellum is genius and the three little flowers are a perfect touch. Four more sleeps for me and Im in Spain Yipee !
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your card Karen. I love the CAS mixed with grunge and elegance. The vellum is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Karen
    Love this one ..., fabulous...,
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is super stunning, I like the opposite layout of flowers and color splatter :) that vellum sentiment adds a perfect touch !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous design Karen. Great mix of stamps and I love it all done in the neutrals. The ripped vellum sentiment is the perfect finish! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karen, I love the mix of stamps and the flowers and vellum sentiment add a touch of softness. Fabulous
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)