Followers

Sunday 1 June 2014

Christmas Card Club - Challenge # 12

Hello Everyone - apologies for not posting much these last few weeks but things have been pretty hectic here and it seems like the garden needs attention every day!!!  This warm and wet weather is brilliant for the weeds........they're growing like....well.....weeds!!! lol  Also my conservatory looked like a jungle with all the plants I have grown which definitely needed to be planted outside - Tony thought they were taking over!!!

Anyway onto my card for today's challenge over at the Christmas Card Club.  This week it's the lovely Sue who has set the challenge which is a Nativity Scene.

As soon as I had time to think about what I was going to do a little parcel slipped through my letterbox (don't you love it when that happens???) and out pops this lovely die that I'd ordered - and I got a "ding" and knew what I wanted to do.  So here is my first offering - 'cause I felt guilty not joining in the last couple of challenges I've made two cards:


I've used an Anna-Marie 7" square card blank for the base and I embossed it with my dotty Embossalicious e/f.  The nativity scene was downloaded from the internet.  I made a couple of frames using my Lil'Inkers stitched mats and layered them over the image.  I then used my gorgeous new die which is the Sweet Dixie "Star" SDD015 - isn't it lovely?  I added a thin strip of acetate and glued it behind the frames so it has movement - if you look carefully you can see that the star on the image is actually the same shape as my new die - how about that for serendipity!  The sentiment is SU Gifts of Christmas stamped using my Delicata gold ink and punched using my EK Success ticket punch.

My second card again uses an image from the internet mounted behind a frame from Spellbinders Card Creator Mystical Embrace.  This is then mounted on some dark blue mirri and then onto an embossed mat gold base.  The sentiment is from a polymer stamp set but it's got no name.  That is mounted on a banner from the Spellbinders Card Creator Tranquil Moments set.


Thanks for dropping by.  Please pop on over to see the offerings by the rest of the girls in the Christmas Card Club (links on my sidebar) - if you fancy joining in with us send an email to Margaret.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Happy crafting.


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 lovely cards.....I always find religious cards difficult cos I dont have anything so like you mines a download....love them both xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Karen. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Just wrote my comment and it Disappeared.... Gorgeous cards... Love your new Die....
    Hope you hubby is going on ok.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx
    Just got back from Spain... Had a bad thunder storm... But hot a nd sunny in Gib.... Uk next Sunday.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both beautiful Karen - love the die that you have used - great timing or what!!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards and the 'ding' rang beautifully!!! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both lovely, Karen ... the die cut star is so delicate and gorgeous ... what a happy coincidence it was the perfect shape for the image ... don't you just love it when that happens! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both beautiful images that you have managed to find but your star has to be the Star(no pun intended)attraction. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Karen, two beautiful cards, love the image`s and that gorgeous star.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards Karen, your star certainly takes centre stage as does your gold frame:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards! That star die is stunning! I am drooling over here!!!

    Great images too but the star steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very stunning cards. I'm loving that intricate star design against the acetate, and that was one amazing image you found. Love the way you used the gorgeous S/B die on #2 with the golds. Simply beautiful, both of them. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great cards, Karen and what a lovely star!! Both lovely images and the blue and gold looks great together!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two gorgeous cards for Sue's CCC nativity challenge - I love them both. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The star is gorgeous, great cards & good to start building a stash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful traditional cards - love the first one especially! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Karendipity, these look professionally made! Those images are sensational!! How fun that the beautiful star die arrived just when you needed it; it is splendid!! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)