Followers

Saturday 29 June 2013

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #16

Hello Everyone - hope you've had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend.  Well, it's time for another challenge over at Addicted to CAS and I am your host for this one.  The code word I have chosen is:

Our Sponsor for this challenge is:
Grab a Banner

who are offering 4 digis of your choice to the lucky winner

 I've used two Delicious Doodles digital images, the first of which is the Spitfire.  I printed the image off once on card and again on copy paper so I could cut myself a mask.  I also punched out a circle from copy paper so I could use both the positive and negative punched piece for the sun (which I'm thinking may be a tad too big!!!).  I used the negative circle to add colour through the space for the sun and then placed the positive circle over the sun to sponge on my sky.  I added the mask to the plane and tore some copy paper to sponge some hills.  I've used Distress Inks for this (Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass).  I have added Crystal Lacquer to the cockpit, nose cone and propellers.  I diecut the image and mat using Spellbinders nesties and then popped up onto the base A5 landscape card.  I rounded the corners of the base card using my Corner Chomper.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up Circle of Friendship set inked in VersaFine Black, punched using my SU 1" punch and matted onto a die cut layer.  Final touch was some thin black ribbon (cut out of a top!!!).


My second card uses the lovely image Pegasus which was printed out onto white card and also onto copy paper so I could cut a mask.  I sponged around the image using a mixture of SU Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace and Perfect Plum.  I have used my Wink of Stella clear pen on the mane and tail and the underside of the wings (although not sure the photo shows that too well).  I die cut the image and white mat using Spellbinders square nesties.  I have then overstamped with my Water Droplets stamp by Designs by Ryn.  The sentiment is computer generated and I've used Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One on the edge and cut a slightly larger mat the same way.


Please pop on over to Addicted to CAS to see the wonderful samples the DT have made for your inspiration.  Just a quick note - normally we have our challenges every two weeks but this challenge will only last for ONE WEEK............with the next challenge starting next Saturday 6th July - so get your skates on and let's see what delights you come up with.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Crafting.










14 comments:

  1. You have used the images beautifully, Karen. The pegasus is just a gorgeous digi! I love both cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've chosen interesting things that fly - bet most folks would do birds or butterflies. Two great images and very different too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards Karen. Love the sponged sky and sun for a beautiful background for your plane. And love the colors you've used with Pegasus and the water droplets over top - so creative. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. two fantastic cards Karen, love both images, colours and design
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards -- that horse one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, two fabulous cards and love your choice of images just stunning especially love Pegasus and the amazing background.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely Karen but I love Pegasus and the colour combo you've used :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Karen - the masking and inking on the first one is awesome, and I love how you used the water droplets on the Pegasus image. (Thanks for a great challenge theme too).
    Have a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Karen, Great cards! I don't see Pegasus stamps often. Love magical creatures. Thanks for sharing your cards on my page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two stunning cards, Karen! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab cards, love that Pegasus image and I think I need that water droplet stamp! Thank you for all you kind comments Karen and sorry I've been so bad at returning them xxx p.s I like the fact that the SSS banners are folded to give extra dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards Karen! They are both so unique which I think is great! I have said this many times before but I am SOOO bad about thinking outside of the box. I'm so glad for creative folks like you that share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Karen I love both of your cards! Your coloring is awesome. This was a very fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards Karen. They truly are. Apologies for missing your challenge this week.
    Hugs, Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)