Followers

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Sew what.................?

I've just finished my free machine embroidery classes and wanted to make a card for our tutor Lynn.  It obviously had to be something associated with sewing so I used a combination of the Sewing & Stitching stamp set from Local King Rubber Stamps in Canada and a Creative Expressions stamp set.

I started off making a square easel card using my book pages nesties.  I then made some backing paper using a variety of the rubber stamps, adhered to the top and then folded to make an easel card.  I then die cut some felt (which absolutely cuts beautifully) using a nestie and then some card using the next size down.  The main image is an old sewing machine which I stamped and clear embossed and then cut out carefully.  I stamped and cut out some bobbins which I then wound threads around.  The stopper on the inside is actually an EK Success button edger punch which was embossed in clear e/p to make the buttons shiny and then I added some more "real" buttons.  The sentiment (inserted photo top right) comes from the Creative Expressions set and just about sums up the feelings of crafters everywhere!!!  lol  I also added some safety pins, more buttons and a flower.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant - I know Lynn will love it. I like that sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Who wouldn't love that card? The sentiment is just PERFECT too!! I'll have to remember that one. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)