Hi everyone - sorry that I've been missing in action and also missing from a few blog challenges but it's been mad hectic here and although I had spent time working on a secret project (to be announced next week) I am also in the throws of totally moving my craftroom!!! So take time for a cuppa and sit down as this post is rather picture heavy and there is a finished project right at the bottom of the post.
You can imagine what it's like at the moment - can't find a thing (well, nothing strictly unusual in that......... lol). It's been a bit of a long job as the room I'm taking over is a bedroom that had to be divested of all it's furniture, decorated and then a new wood floor laid. At the moment half of my actual workroom has been demolished to utilise the worktop and cupboards - so half my stuff is on the floor in bags, boxes and any other handy recepticle! I promised my very good blogging buddy Darnell that I'd post some photos today for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday and although they are before and after we are further along in that most of the units and worktops are already fitted BUT most of hy DH's tools are scattered all over the floor and any space he can put them. I will post photos of the finished room which, hopefully won't be very far away now.
So firstly the terrible state of my room:
As you can see I've just about run out of available space!! But I do actually know where everything is and things like my punches are all neat and tidy on their rails (see left), all my card/papers are in polyboxes on the shelves (right).
Another problem is that I am Parish Clerk for my village and a lot of files need to be stored which is most of the items in the picture on the left.
When I took these photos we were waiting for the skirting boards
to be delivered and also for the radiator to be put back. This is a
much brighter room as it faces West and has a larger window. The main reason for moving was that not only had I run out of space but because I had started off in a very small way, we just kept adding on and adding on as I got more and more stuff! At least starting from scratch we can do it in a logical way (hopefully) and now I will have a separate space for my sewing machine, embellisher, fabrics etc with the rest given over to crafting, computer, printers etc.
Well, after that I think it's time for a cuppa but before I go I just wanted to share with you a project that I've just finished which I made on my embellishing machine. It's been mounted onto a canvas and the centre of the flower (well that's what it looked like to me anyway) is a whole heap of tiny beads covered in Diamond Glaze.
Thanks for dropping by. See you soon.