Followers

Saturday 10 August 2013

Less is More - Week 132 One Layer

Hello everyone - hope you're having a great Saturday.  It's been a really long day for me as I've been up since 5.30am as we had the village breakfasts this morning.  This is something we do on six Saturday mornings during the school holidays for everyone travelling down to Devon and Cornwall on holiday.  We've been doing this for about 45 years (not me you understand!!!  lol).  Anyway it's a great experience and raises valuable money for various village organisations.

So, when I got back I cut the grass and then did some gardening so I wouldn't feel guilty coming upstairs to my craft room later on and then we popped in to a lunch party we were invited to.  This week I've been busy making samples for our craft club evening next Wednesday and also my DT card for Addicted to CAS for next Saturday.  Then I spied the new Less is More challenge which is:

For our 
ONE LAYER
 challenge this week, we would like to see 
NUMBERS!
Just one would do, but you may have as many as you wish!

My card is very simple and everything I've used has been from the Stampin Up "Memorable Moments" stamp set.  Now you won't believe just how many photos I took in every position in different rooms just to show that it's all been heat embossed with silver detail e/p!  I'm still not sure you can see it properly.  I started off stamping the frame and embossing it and then I used the matching Framelits Labels collection of dies just to emboss the shape around the frame.  I added the 25th and then Happy and Anniversary and everything was heat embossed.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you all have a great weekend.




13 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Beautiful embossing, I love your CAS card it is perfect for this weeks challenge! Phew your weekend sounds really full on, I guess you'll have to hit the sack early tonight LOL Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your CAS card Karen....sounds like you've had a busy day

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you have had a very busy day Karen
    very classy CAS card ..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card for a 25th Anniversary, so CAS, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen ... simply elegant! Love all that white space! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. pure elegance and class but then you are one classy bird
    Hugs and enjoy your day
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, what a cool idea the village breakfast sounds-especially to townies like me!!
    And naturally this card I love, the CAS design makes me want to do the happy dance!
    I also did my card for ATCAS next week yesterday-had a lot of fun doing it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!Love your embossing!!!Have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely Karen!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a very full day, Karendipity! Your simple card is pure elegance and perfect for a silver anniversary!! xxoo Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  12. simple and elegant
    So sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)