Followers

Monday 8 September 2014

NBUS - Challenge 2

Hi Everyone - hope you all had a good weekend; we had lovely weather here in Somerset so definitely not complaining!!! lol

I didn't manage to enter my delightful friend Darnell's (Dippy to me.......) first challenge of NBUS (Never-Before-Used Schtuff!!!) so wanted to join in the second challenge.  The challenge is to use your virginal NBUS on a new creation, simple as that.

Unfortunately I had to make a sympathy card but it gave me the opportunity to break out my new Papertrey Ink "Harvest Berries" stamps and dies.  Now I first saw this set strangely enough when Dippy used it on a card not so long ago and it was just one of those "I need that"!!!  Luckily I have a friend over in America who belongs to the Papertrey Ink Forum and she orders goodies for me and posts them to me - otherwise I just wouldn't get any PTI items because they charge a huge amount for shipping to the UK.

So here's my card:


I had wanted to do it slightly differently, eg stamp the main ginkgo leaves on the mat and then the sentiment before die-cutting the leaves, but for some strange reason they have put a smaller set of ginkgo leaves die on the main die which negates you being able to do this (and I think Dippy had the same problem........).  So I had to stamp two identical images and sentiments and then die cut one (plus some from plain cardstock) to layer up so you could still see the wording.

I matted and layered onto some green cardstock, the bottom border is from Our daily Bread Beautiful Borders.  The embossing folder is Tattered Lace Fretwork Lace.

Dippy has put in another twist at the bottom of her post:

Optional

The side option this time is the following multiple choice. Just to be clear, this option is just for fun and will not be considered when I throw you in the random thingie for prizes. 
  1. Christmas
  2. Make two cards using the same stamp.
  3. Both of the above.
  4. None of the above.

So mine is "none of the above" but hope to have the time to fulfill numbers 1 & 2!!!  See you soon.

Anyway, if you haven't come across Darnell's blog before (where have you been????) please pop on over, but make sure you have a couple of hours free!

Happy crafting.


14 comments:

  1. Perfect image and colors for your sympathy card~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful stamp and so right for the occasion. Companies sometimes don't seem to think through their 'matching' stamp/die sets but well done for sorting it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen beautiful card for a sad occasion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stamp Karen and perfect for such a card...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm glad you were able to get that Harvest Berries set through your friend, Karendipity! You put a lot of thought and work into your beautiful creation for a sympathy card. I think the gingko leaves are perfect for that, especially with the color you chose, your matting, and that perfect border!! Thank you so much for playing in and promoting my second NBUS Challenge!! I hope your lovely weather continues!! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such a beautiful sympathy card, Karen!! I love that leaves stamp and I love how you've put your card together!! Love the soft greens and the beautiful lace border and EF. Lovely!!!

    Have a super Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Karen, love that stamp! Pretty die cut border too. Glass you're having nice weather too:-D
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my how perfect so beautiful absolutely gorgeous and the stamp is amazing
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So well put together Karen ,neat and clean
    Hugs Martine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful elegant card Karen, gorgeous stamps and colour.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen
    Fabulous card.... I have that stamp only used once... I love it though!! Must use it now .... Yours is a stunning card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely, Karen ... such wonderful texture and a real sense of peace and calm ... perfect for a sympathy card. The Harvest Berries set is so on my wish list ... I can definitely understand you 'needing' it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made a lovely sympathy card! Sure to bring comfort!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)