Happy Saturday everyone. Well I've been waiting to show you this card but had to be patient as it was sent to Mynn over in Canada and I didn't want to spoil her surprise.......unfortunately a lot of mail got caught up in the bad weather in the US so it took an extra loooooong time!
I'm not sure you remember what the Pony CASE-Press is all about but here's a summary:
Here's how this works:
- The person wishing to participate will contact me, Mynn, at onastampageATyahooDOTcom with their mailing address and be placed in the queue line and will be emailed a personalized watermark to use on the photo of the card they create for this challenge.
- Mynn will email the participant when it is his/her time to craft and send out a picture of the card they will CASE with the recipient's mailing address.
- The participant will look at the card that the participant before them created, CASE it, and then send it to the person who inspired them. The participant will also send Mynn a photo of their creation to be put on the queue as soon as the recipient receives it.
There are a few rules:
- Only sign up if you are willing to ship a card internationally. This concept will be open world wide as another way to build a fun and friendly online community for crafters.
- Please be timely in making and sending your creation. Because this is an international chain, cards need to be made and sent within a week of receiving the email from Mynn so that we can keep things moving along.
- Please make sure to use the Pony CASE-Press watermark on the photo of your card. If you need help with this, email Mynn and she will do it for you! :)
- After you sign up to participate, please add our badge to your sidebar so that others can find us!
- You will need to make sure NOT to blog your card until the recipient receives it.
- HAVE FUN!
And now onto my creation. I was tasked with CASEing Mynn's card which, in turn, CASEd Petra's original card:
Petra's card Mynn's card
and now for my card:
For the various elements of backing paper I used docrafts Papermania Madame Payraud's paper pack which has a lovely range of eclectic papers. These were cut and layered onto plain card and I used my sewing machine with a variety of straight and zigzag stitching to attach the panels. I used some lace and flowers from my stash. The banner is Die-namics Fishtail Flags.
On the main panel I die cut some copper sheet using Tattered Lace Doves & Branches and then heated the copper to change the colour. The die cut leaves I found in my bits box and asdded some WOW Metallic Copper Ultra High embossing powder. Added a bow, the little birds are from Impression Obsession Die 154-A and the final touch was some Liquid Pearls.
The next card will be a CASE of my card to Mynn and so it goes on - it's great fun so why don't you pop on over to Mynn's blog and join in.