Followers

Saturday 15 August 2015

Just Us Girls - Challenge #306 Colour

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all looking forward to a great weekend - can't believe it's the middle of August already.

Anyway, this is my third week as Guest Designer for the lovely girls over at Just Us Girls.  The challenge this week is a colour challenge:


And here is what I came up with:


For the main floral image I have sponged through my Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 "From the garden" stencil using Tim Holtz DI Hickory Smoke and Barn Door.  I hunted everywhere for some grey cardstock but didn't seem to have any so used red and black to mat onto.  I die cut two Die-namics Heart Branches and added them to the card front and then brushed on WoS in clear.  I was going to use the leaves on the actual stencil but as green wasn't an option I thought this was the best way to go.  Liquid Pearls have been added to the centre of the flowers.  The sentiment is SU Oval All and I used Die-namics Pierced Ovals to mat it up.  A very simple corner and that was it.

Please pop on over to the Just Us Girls blog to see the lovely makes the rest of the DT have come up with.

Happy crafting.



15 comments:

  1. The flowers are super on this, fancy not having any grey card!
    Another great card.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't believe you..no grey card ....love the red and black it's stunning....fabulous card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Very cool how you used a stencil for the flowers, I thought it was a stamp until I read your post. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Karen, black and red always looks good together....I cant believe you didn't have any grey card! But saying that I've only had some since doing an evening with Jill....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stencil! I thought it was a stamp - silly me for not reading your blurb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the same thing as Vicki - I thought the stenciled flower was a stamp! This card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Karen, love your flower stencil, beautiful colours and layout.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Karen. Love the layout and those flowers. So nice to have you with us this month at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stencils are so much fun and your flower stencil is beautiful. Love your pretty design. So happy to have you with us this month at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Karen... Love those colours... Fabulous stencil....
    Hugs Sylviexx
    Still red hot here x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Striking and lovely, Karen ... those blooms are wonderfully bold against the glorious white ... the delicacy of the flourishes is a fabulous touch! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful stencilled flowers and those delicate flourishes, Karen!!!! All the white space and the red and black matting is beautiful!!!! A lovely card!!!
    Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the flowers were stamped! Love that they are stenciled! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karendipity, I thought I had stopped in and commented before, but I don't see me, so Blogger must've gobbled it up! I really love how you have designed this inspirational and awesome card for JUGS! You are rocking the GD!! Hugs, Dippy xxoo

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)