Followers

Friday 15 January 2016

Rockin' on

Hi Everyone - Happy New Year.

I've just realised that this is my first post in 2016.  It's been pretty busy with lots of birthdays and anniversaries in January and although I managed to do some really nice cards I was in a bit of a rush for postal deadlines and totally forgot to take photos, so they all went in their envelopes and off in the post!!!  Duh.........what an idiot eh?

I hope this post redeems me.  It's my friend Inga's birthday next week and I thought I'd make her a circular stepper card using a Tattered Lace die set.  I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem as me with these dies but the circle stepper seems to lean to the right a fraction so have to put an extra embellishment on the left of the stepper to balance it..............if anyone's got an answer then I'd be delighted to hear it.

Anyway, here it is and also the box I made to go with it.




Most of the card was made using snippets and embellishments already in my stash.  The large flower and matching butterfly is a Prima flower set, the fancy frame is Sue Wilson French Collection Burgundy and the lady is from a printed vellum sheet.  Extra flowers, stick pins etc are from my stash.

Right, I'm off to make a warming cuppa.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend - looks like it's going to be a really cold one!

Happy crafting.





13 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and elements, I only make scallop edged ones to stabilise them if that helps
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vintage look richer card Karen I am sure Inga loved it

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen, beautiful embellishments, I have`nt got this die! but if I make a plain circle I take a slither off the back card bottom! stops the rock.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design and so many beautiful elements Karen. Inga is going to be blown away when she gets this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and such lovely colours. I've not tried these dies so afraid I can't help with the one-sided problem. Keep warm I think winter has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Karen....a real keeper....have the same problem with that die I ended up making a card stand to send with it.....have a good weekend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Karen, such a lot of wonderful beauty to look at on this stunning card!!!! I really love the colours you have worked with!!! Love the box you made for it, too!!!! So beautiful!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Karen, love the matching flower and butterfly. Lovely vintage look and I'm a fan of rocker cards :-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Karen, love the matching flower and butterfly. Lovely vintage look and I'm a fan of rocker cards :-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, just saw your link over at Margaret (Dutchess) and was able to zip over to say Happy New Year, and enjoy this beautiful stepper card. Most unusual shape, and love the way you've incorporated these sweet vintage images in with the lacey look of the die cut and the pretty butterfly. Hope all is well with you. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen
    This is a gorgeous... Stepper card... It certainly has the wow factor... Your friend would love it....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to 2016, Karendipity! I'm sorry I'm so late, but I'm just getting a chance to catch up on some of my friends' postings. I'm glad I didn't miss this one altogether. (You know how sometimes you get so far behind, you just have to forget about it and start with a clean slate!) I wouldn't have wanted to miss this! It is utterly gorgeous, both the stepper card and the box, and I'm sure Inga will treasure it always! I hope you'll be back here soon with more inspiration for us!! Love and hugs, Dippy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back, Karen ... and Bonne Année (the French tradition is that we have till the end of January to exchange our voeux)! What a stunning card and gift box ... beautifully detailed, wonderfully executed ... a work of art to be cherished! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)