Followers

Friday 12 February 2016

Be my Valentine...........

Hello Everyone

Hope you've all had a good week.  The weather down here in Somerset has been pretty good this week apart from some horrendous winds on Tuesday evening which saw a neighbour's small greenhouse end up in our garden!!!  Enough said!

Anyway on to my Valentine card that I have made my hubby.  Here it is:



I started off with an 8"x 8" scalloped card base and cut out 3 mats, two red and one white.  The top red mat went through my machine with my We R Memory Keepers Next Level Dotted e/f.  The fancy toppers were cut using Sue Wilson Portuguese Collection - Lisbon and the sentiment is Honey Doo Crafts Life & Heart stamps.  The die cut sentiment is Penny Black and I just cut the Happy away from the other part of the die so I could put it in opposite corners of the card.  Each embossed heart has a small gem in the centre.  Flowers and ribbon were from my stash, as were the hat pins.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Happy crafting.




14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I'm sure Tony will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Karen...loving the die cuts and that beautiful embossing folder....wish I could see Tony's face when he opens it!...he will love it xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Karen and I know Tony will love it...your dies are lovely

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Karen.... Where's my tissue... I made Roy a slushy one ,.. If that's the word...
    We are going to Spain with our neighborour who bought me the Pearls....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card for your hubby Karen, bet he love this, beautiful design.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah lovely card Dahling ,he will love this xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... gorgeous V-Day card Karen. Your hubby is going to love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, won't ask about the greenhouse! Great card, I'm sure Tony will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow factor, really caught my eye, love the red and white and a fabulous card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is soooo beautiful, Karen - hubby is going to loooooove it (and I do, too!!!) Such a lot of lovely detail to look at - the embossed hearts with the gems, the beautiful little roses, the lovely bow and rhinestone heart, the beautiful frame around the wonderful sentiment ...everything is just perfect!!!
    Have a great weekend and enjoy VD!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Karen, love the embossed hearts and fab diecuts. I'm afraid mine is very CAS in comparison!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderfully romantic, Karen ... such fantastic detailing and lovely layering ... and a perfect sentiment ... DH will have loved it, I'm certain! Hope the greenhouse has gone! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry I'm so late visiting, Karendipity! Planning my trip has interrupted all my normal blog visiting and I have over 600 new posts in my subscriber inbox just since last Friday. Crickey! Neve rmind, I'm here now and I'm glad I didn't miss this bold and romantic card of love that you made for your Tony! It's outstanding in every way! Love and hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds really scary Karen I hope all is back to normal and the neighbours green house has been retrieved from your garden. I see you have used the WRMK hearts here fabulous ! Yes I love them could only get my hands on two sets but would love to have them all. You used it beautifully I bet Tony loved it. I would love to have five minutes in your craft room ALONE !!!!

    Take care

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)