Followers

Saturday 10 April 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge - Labels

Well I couldn't believe my luck this week with the Bah Humbug challenge. After hunting high and low I eventually managed to get my hands on a pack of grungepaper and on top of that my new Sizzix die Flower Layers #5 also arrived and I was dying to try out the Tim Holtz roses that he showcased on his 12 Tags of Christmas.

I started off die cutting six petals (3 for each flower) and then spritzed them with Glimmer Mists. I dried with a heat gun and made up the roses as per the instructions. For the main card I chose a 6"x6" cream blank and covered it with a piece of card from the wonderful My Mind's Eye Christmas Glitter Book (3 sheets of each design - two to use and one to stroke!!! lol). I punched a central border using a Martha Stewart edge punch which was topped by a piece of ribbon. The tag was from my stash and covered with some vellum which I inked with Distress Inks, stamped with a background swirl stamp and then decorated with Diamond Glaze and some gems. I realised I didn't have a leaf stamp of the right size so punched out some butterflies using my SU butterfly punch which I then cut down the middle. These were spritzed with Glimmer Mists and when dry put through my Big Shot in a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. I sponged one of Tim Holtz Adage Tickets with matching Distress Inks and attached it to a fancy clip. I attached the tag to the card and then stuck the roses and leaves into place with silicone glue and added the ticket. A few more gems and some matching ribbon and the card was finished.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely.....very pretty colours and a great idea to put them on your tag.
    Looking forward to tomorrow when we play with the grungepaper.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for getting hold of the dies and grunge paper - these roses are great aren't they. I've been making various sizes for two days but from ordinary paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness these are just gorgeous. I have the paper but not the die - ouch can feel a spend coming on.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! again.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positively beautiful. Lurrrrrve the roses on your tag.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen

    Oh this is just amazing and my type of work.
    Your flowers are just beautiful.

    Thank youso much for joining in our latest challange.

    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)