Followers

Monday 18 April 2011

Tissue Box Cover

Hi Folks

Just a quick post today as we're up to our eyes at the moment as we're having a new conservatory built - really glad we've got good weather for the guys!

We've recently redecorated our main guest bedroom and I was having difficulty finding a nice box of tissues to match the colour theme.  Then I saw the technique for this lovely tissue box cover over at Splitcoaststampers which is a wonderful resource for all us crafters.

I cut out all the card to size and prescored it but instead of making up the box at this stage and then adding extra layers, I decided to decorate the whole box and lid.  For this I have used the stamp plate Meadow Breeze from Inkylicious which is a really handy set of stamps.  I used Distress Inks to stamp - Mustard Seed, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Old Paper - and then used Mustard Seed and a blending tool to ink and soften all the edges.  Whilst it was still in it's "unmade" state I used a Quickie Glue Pen and Glamour Dust to add a bit of glitz.  For the opening in the lid I used one of the small oval nesties and then created a collar to go over the top using the scalloped oval nestie and a labels die for the inside.  This was put through my die cutting machine in a universal floral embossing folder and I then sponged it with more Mustard Seed Distress Ink before glueing it to the top of the box.

Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really pretty idea and much better than any you could buy. Hope the weather stays good for the work to be done.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)