Followers

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Addicted to Stamps - Sketch Challenge #2

Hello Everyone

Welcome to our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps.  This week it's a sketch challenge:



For my DT card I've started off with a 6" square blank textured card.  The backing paper is from my stash and I think it is an old sheet from Graphicus (now Chocolate Baroque).  The main image is a digi stamp from Sugar Nellie called Victoria - absolutely love their digital images - and she's been coloured in using Flexmarkers.  I've added liquid pearls for the buttons/studs and some Glossy Accents to her eyes and the centres of the flowers.  She's been die cut and mounted using nesties and I veered away from using the circles as per the sketch as I thought this shape suited her better.  The sentiment is from SU Whimsical Words.  I've added a strip of pearlised card with a strip of darker card embossed with Creative Expressions Floral e/f which I've also used to make the
Close up of Victoria


flower.  The leaves are part of the SU bird on a branch punch.  I used a hand punch for the card candy in each corner and used an embossing tool and the palm of my hand to round them.  A touch of Stickles finished the card.

Please do pop over to the Addicted to Stamps blog to check out the great inspiration from the rest of the DT.  We look forward to seeing your creations and visiting your blogs.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, Karen, what a delightful image and fantastic sketch! Wish I had time to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! You've done a fantastic job coloring her, Karendipity, and bringing her to life!! Really, there are a lot of fantastic touches and textures to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just adorable! I love your take on the Sketch and all your embellishments are divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely - gorgeous colours too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely image and I like the way you've used that nesties shape instead of the circles - more interesting I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful image Karen. Love your colour choices too - gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card Karen, beautifully and delicately coloured and love the little touches with GA , love your take on the sketch too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was blown away when I saw your card on the DT blog... she has such a beautiful face and you've made such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)