Followers

Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Card

Afternoon everyone.  Hope you've all had a really  good Easter break and that the Easter Bunny was kind to you!!!  Sorry to be a bit late posting this but we were away at the weekend and today have been clearing out our main bathroom and an ensuite as they are due to be demolished tomorrow............do you realise just how much "stuff" you can fit into bathroom cupboards etc????  Still most of it is done now and we have our plumber coming in tomorrow to remove everything so we can demolish a wall to enlarge the ensuite (which is next door to the bathroom).  We are expecting lots of dust.........watch this space.

Anyway onto the card.  This was one I made for my sister and it was a bit different to normal Easter cards.  I have used the fairly new Easter egg and greeting stamp from IndigoBlu with Flitterglu and covered it with gilding flakes and die cut with a scalloped oval nestie and mounted it onto copper miri card.  I wasn't all that happy with the result so decided to make use of my Spellbinders Cross dies.  I die cut the cross out of copper sheet and then heated it with my cooks blow torch to change the colours.  I laid it down centrally on the Easter egg image but it got a bit lost with the gilding; I then decided to die cut another cross out of black cardstock but this time I didn't want to remove all the intricate pieces so put sellotape on the back to make sure they stayed in place.  I mounted the copper cross on top of the black cross which made it stand out much more.  I then heat embossed the sentiment using copper e/p. I mounted this onto a black scalloped card onto which I had laid three lines of red liner tape and added gilding flakes.  The addition of copper paper effects in each corner finished the card.

Thanks so much for dropping by.



10 comments:

  1. simply stunning so gorgeous and such a richness to it, I get it was loved
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser just stunning
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally gorgeous Karen, looks amazing pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen. Sounds like a lot of work ... but worth it. Your card is GORGEOUS!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely easter card Karen...dont envy you clearing out..hope you had a great weekend

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card,Winner on my blog,scrappingg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognise that card:) Looks even better IRL! Good luck with the builders and don't forget the wish list. I'm recuperating now and it was back to normal with aquafit this morning which helped my back after picking Charlie up so often!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me, stunned beyond words at this work of art, Karendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is amazing so much work I will need to go for a lie down after reading this !! The result is just beautiful, the black and copper are a match made in heaven well done indeed. You are a glutton for punishment with all of those renovations at home, good luck !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)