Followers

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Hubby's birthday card

Hello all - just thought I'd share this card I've just made for my DH's birthday on Saturday.


I've used my Stampin Up Wetlands set which is NBUS (never before used schtuff!!!) that I bought at our SU Extravaganza a couple of weeks ago.  I've stamped the main image on some white card and then masked the bird whilst I sponged on the sky, water and ground.  I've added some reeds and used one of the smaller stamps of birds wading.  I die cut the image using my Spellbinders Majestic Elements dies, then die cut the same out of contrasting card which was then put through my eBosser with a wicker e/f.  I matted this onto the blue card and then added the main image (popped up for dimension) so you can see the blue through the swirly edges of the image.  The greeting is from the same set stamped onto die cuts from the Majestic Elements set.  I've added a ribbon and some Liquid Pearls to complete the card.

Thanks for dropping by.  It's a very dismal day here but very mild...........in fact we had the last of the runner beans out of our garden last night - how mad is that for November!!! lol




15 comments:

  1. That stamp set is really good for male cards and many other occasions too - I'm sure Tony will like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    Fabulous stamp set.... Gorgeous mans card......
    Sorry still gorgeous here 23 degs today......
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen. You've created a beautiful scene .... and I love it with the "wicker-ish" background. A gorgeous masculine card that I'm sure your hubby will love.

    Sounds like it's been pretty mild temperatures for you if your still picking beans! We had a brilliantly sunny, warm and dry October, so it was pretty mild here until last week, when the temperatures dropped quite a bit. Still not down to freezing yet, but it's getting close at night. We have a rainstorm headed our way for tomorrow that is supposed to last for a few days ... that's more typical weather for us ... lots of rain. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mister on Saturday! He will love this wonderful bird refuge scene you have created, Karendipity!! That was a lot of work done with a lot of love!! Hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony will love his card Karen you created a lovely scene and these are great stamps for a mans card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this card for your husband Karen, such a lovely image and scene, think I must try to get these stamps.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a super card Karen. Love the effect you got with the watercolours. So hard to decide on a card for a man but this is perfect.
    I think you have just added something to my "want/need" list as I love that die you used for the rectangle. Oh dear!
    Hope you are well and have something nice planned for the birthday.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow super colouring and love the image such a pretty frame for it and a gorgeous card too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card design Karen,

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous masculine card Karen - the blue works so well with the neutral background and I LOVE the Nestie frame! Happy birthday to your Hubby!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure he will love it. This is a great stamp set. Love all the elements you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your hubby Karen! What a fabulous masculine card, loving all the detail and textures - perfect! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing colouring, Karen and what a wonderful textured background! Hope your DH's birthday was a happy one! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and masculine, I love the vibrant turquoise Karen! Hope hubby has a brill birthday on Saturday, :D Gay xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)