Followers

Monday 2 December 2013

Another birthday card........ Happy Birthday Val


After a fairly hectic few weeks I spent yesterday trying to clear up my craft room which looked like the proverbial had hit it!!!  lol  So, with a semblance of normal I can now see the wood for the trees and can get back to some crafting........eg making some Christmas cards which I haven't started yet :o(  I've piled up all my stock from Saturday in a bedroom as I have another "do" in a couple of weeks time, so it's not worth unpacking and putting away only to get it all out again.

So today is my sister Val's birthday and I thought I'd share with you the card I made for her.



I have used the Art Deco stamps and papers from Papermania again, this time using the Art Deco Flapper stamp set, matching papers and a gift envelope which I put my sentiment into.  I made a criss cross card and slipped the main image piece inside (you can see that on the second photo).  The sentiment and martini glass & umbrella are from the same stamp set.  I used the matching embossing folder on a piece of holographic silver card and I glittered the Flapper and decoupaged her feather wrap to give a bit of dimension.  Flowers, lace and ribbon are from my stash.

Pop on over to Val's blog to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Happy crafting.

5 comments:

  1. hi Karen, gorgeous card for your sisters birthday, stunning images and a fantastic design, sure she will treasure this card.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A work of art! You are really rocking the Art Deco/20s look, Karendipity! Thanks for the head's up that it was Val's birthday ... I'm late, but it was still nice to go and give her my best wishes. I'm sure she is over the moon with this card!! Have a rest now, will ya?!! Big hugs, Dippy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card Karen and it looks so much better IRL!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow awesome, love the art deco period and this is simply stunning she will love it so pretty and all that detail
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just perfectly glam.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)