Followers

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Elegant & Party Ladies

I recently bought two stamp sets by Creative Expressions called Elegant Ladies and Party Ladies from my friend Liz at Make a Lasting Impression - it was one of those moments when I just couldn't decide between them so had to have them both!!!
The image on this first card is from the Elegant Ladies set.  I began with a square card blank and used some backing paper from my stash.  I cut some mats using my Nellies dies in light green Bazzill, silver mirri and a darker green Bazzill card.  I used my Martha Stewart daisy punch for the central border.  The image has been paper pieced using paper from a Laura Ashley 6"x6" pack and I added some diamantes around her waist.  The sentiment is also from the same set and I added some green gems to finish the card off.

The second image is from the Party Ladies set.  I started off with an A5 card blank and covered the front with some pearlescent card.  I then cut out mats using Nesties labels dies in four sizes and inked the edges with chalk ink.  The sentiment is from the Elegant Ladies set and again was cut out using a Nesties labels die and inked as before.  I added a Sizzix die cut flourish and heart, a paper flower, ribbon bow and some pearls.  The actual image was coloured using ProMarkers and I used a Quickie glue pen and Glamour Dust to add some "bling".

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant ladies and I just love the sayings on the cards. Two lovely cards Karen.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about having to choose between two sets of stamps - I usually end up getting both as well!! I love what you have done with these cards.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)