Followers

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Die Cut Dreams Christmas Wreath challenge

The Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge this week is Christmas Wreaths which left me with a bit of a problem as I don't have any rubber stamps with a wreath image. 

I was hunting through my stash and came across a wreath that I saved from an old Christmas card from last year.  It was a bit minimilist so I mounted it on some gold card which I cut around the edge to leave a border.  As it was a large wreath I took an 8" square card blank and covered it with a sheet of red  paper from the Papermania "A Christmas Carol" paper stack.  I placed the wreath centrally on the card and added some red Stickles to the holly berries around it.  The sentiment (Papermania "A Silent Night" stamp set) was stamped using a Kaleidoscope inkpad and clear embossed and then cut out and placed diagonally.  Some holly corner peel-offs completed the card.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Love your card and what a brilliant way to use up leftover stash - I love it when you can re-use bits :o)thanks for joining us at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club - Good Luck xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycling is good, and this made a lovely card

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)