Followers

Saturday 28 August 2010

Christmas Charms

Charms is the theme over at Bah Humbug this week so I set about hunting through my stash for a Christmas charm but couldn't find anything suitable so I thought I'd turn my hand to using some shrink plastic.

The main card is a square cream blank covered with paper from Papermania Silent Night pack.  I then stamped and embossed the bauble image onto gold glitter card (stamp is from Papermania).  This was then cut and matted onto some matching cardstock.  For the earrings I stamped the bauble image twice onto clear shrink plastic, cut out and remembered to make a hole for the jump rings, and then used my heat gun to shrink them down.  I added some jump rings and ear wires.  These were mounted onto the same gold glitter and matching card after I'd punched small holes for the ear wires to go through.  I used a double layer of sticky pads at the back so the ear wires didn't get squashed.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment and used my SU oval and scalloped oval punches.  The finishing touch was a matching ribbon.  For some reason although I've used the same ink throughout the earrings look a slightly different colour to the main image but that might just be down to my ability to take photos!!!  lol

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. Just love the earrings on your card...what a great idea...and that ribbon is to die for..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and what a good idea to make two 'charms' and use for ear rings. The ink colour intensifies slightly with the shrinking which is probably why it has photographed differently although it may not notice so much in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous! A beautiful matching card and gift in one fell swoop! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen

    What a fabulous card with such a gorgeous stamped image, and a fantastic idea to use shrink plastic to make earings - a perfect Christmas pressie. I love your backing paper it's gorgeous and that ribbon ohhhhhhhhhhhh,

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got back from holiday so this is the first chance I've had to pop and see your card. Wow this is just gorgeous and such a clever idea too too. A card and a gift - just lovely.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)