Followers

Saturday 15 January 2011

Using Stencils

The folk over at Bah! Humbug! have set us a challenge card this week using stencils.

For this card I started off with a brass stencil with the word NOEL - I thought I'd using it slightly differently so got out my gold embossing paste which was spread evenly over the stencil.  I've often found that the stencils are slightly warped/bent so you tend to get paste under the stencil; but this time I used some Crafters' Companion Stick & Spray as a temporary adhesive on the back and it worked very well, keeping the stencil very flat to the card.  Removed the stencil immediately so I could wash it and let the paste dry.  I then trimmed the image and matted onto gold linen card.  I then took another stencil (Imagination Crafts) and laid it down on card and spritzed over the top with  Moon Glow.  This was matted onto white pearl card.  I took an 8x8" blank card and cut some gold linen card to size and used my Martha Stewart punch to cut out the snowflake border; these were attached to the base card.  I attached two pieces of gold ribbon to the spritzed background, used foam squares to attach the NOEL panel and then cut out some more snowflakes using a nesties die.  When the card was assembled I added some gems for that extra bit of "bling".

Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Karen......love the backing paper and the MS punch.
    Please go over to my blog and collect a blog award....Fabiola has just given me one and I would like to give one to you just click and copy the awaard image.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo'er Karen. What a classy card, the gold linen cardstock is especially gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for the challenge and a good result with the embossing paste (never tried it myself as it's one crafting item I've not bought!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a Fantastic card. I love the Stencil you have used too. Well Done. hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card - well worth the effort - it turned out fantastically.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a classic! Love it and all the techniques you have used.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)