Followers

Saturday 12 April 2014

Addicted to CAS - challenge #36

Hello everyone - well it's Saturday and that means a new challenge at Addicted to CAS. This week your hostess and the person responsible for the theme is the lovely Michelle.


Our Sponsor for this challenge is:



It's a new month, which means that we have a new Guest Designer here at ATCAS.  Please welcome the very talented Anita (in France) from MyPaperCraftWorld.

Hello … bonjour.  I’m Anita in France … and I’m blessed to live in beautiful south west France.  I’ve crafted in one way or another since I can remember and got seriously into card making about 18 months ago, when I started my blog.  My style is mainly clean and simple … sometimes quirky, sometimes graphic, occasionally whimsical.  I’m excited, delight and honored to have been invited to join the ATCAS Design Team this month and am looking forward to seeing what you create over the next few weeks.


A huge welcome to the lovely, and superbly talented, Anita; we are all looking forward to working with her for the next month.  

Our lovely leader Kylie has been on my mind this week as it's only a few days before she flies off from Australia to enjoy a very well deserved holiday in the UK and Europe.  So she is behind my card today..............


I have used watercolour paper for the card which I wetted first and then brushed Distress Inks on to create a simple background.  I left it to dry overnight with a weight on top to stop it curling.  The image is the Leaning Tower of Pisa by Designs by Tabbykat stamped using Black VersaFine ink. The sentiment which was a freebie with a magazine has been stamped and punched with my EK Success Labels punch and threaded with some bakers twine.

Pop on over to the Addicted to CAS blog to have a look at Anita's gorgeous card and all the wonderful inspiration provided by the rest of the Design Team.

Have a wonderful weekend.






13 comments:

  1. Oooooooh more inspiration, got my distress markers yesterday, frustrated as my colouring keeps weeping outside my image lines, more practices needed
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Karen. Brings back memories of our holiday in Italy a few years ago. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Karen like your simple background but so effective...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card for a traveler or the Dreamer [of going] :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Karen, love the image and your lovely background.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I ljust ove that watercolour background, Karen ... such soft, subtle colours ... perfect with that rather retro and elegant image! Thanks so much for the wonderful words and warm welcome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the watercolored background Karen. And the postage stamp edge is perfect with the images you've used ... so creative! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your bg looks great, Karen!!! Loving the Leaning Tower stamp and the sentiment you've used. Perfect for your friend!! Great card!!!
    Greetings from Africa!!
    Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card, as always, Karen, and such a brilliant take on the Code Word. Love the inky background - it really makes the images "pop".
    Hope all is well with you and yours - Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, love the gorgeous sky u created :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful background you created. It looks so serene with the image you stamped over it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen, great take on the code word and I adore the water color background what a great stamp too and the colors are beautiful.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, I know Kylie will love her being the muse for your card. I love your Tower of Pisa with that wonderful water colored background. Hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)