Followers

Sunday 13 April 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #8

Hello everyone and welcome to my new followers.  It's time for another challenge over at Christmas Card Challenge and this time it's the lovely Asha of Sunny Summer Crafts who has chosen the theme which is:

Christmas Lights (candles, fairy lights, lamps, lanterns)

Now I have been really busy this week and had to leave making this card until yesterday after I had done a few hours of gardening.........so I merrily went about making my card; one of those times I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  Finished it, photographed it, just going to schedule my post and then a niggling thought in my mind made me check again...........yep, I'd read the wrong challenge and made a card for the next challenge due on 27th April.  Soooooo, panic stations - what shall I do, help, ummmmh!!!! lol  Anyway I gathered myself and then thought about what I had, if anything, to meet this challenge and then remembered my lovely MB candles die.


So I die cut  three sets, one in gold mirri, one in red mirri and one in green bazzill cardstock.  I then die cut my shape using Spellbinders Labels 8 and die cut the candles again from the centre of the label.  I then paper pieced all the elements back into the negative shape.  The sentiment is Tattered Lace.  Tartan paper and red and gold glittery paper from my stash, borders are a MS snowflake border punch to which I've added red Liquid Pearls.  Sorry for the quality of the photo, I just couldn't seem to get a good photo with all the mirri card.

Thanks for popping by...........at least there's no rush for the next challenge; mine's already made!!! lol

Happy crafting.




21 comments:

  1. My goodness to say this is last minute it's great Karen. And you also went to a lot of trouble with all your diecutting - but so worth the effort! At least you are well ahead for nest time. I have done that myself and gone through the same panic attack! What are we like? - as my mum used to say! HUgs Chrisitne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job you checked...strange how sometimes you have these thoughts..any way you made a lovely card in the end...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Karen
    yes i have done the very same ...at leas t you are infront now...Fabulous card think i need those Candles....i will never be rich....
    Hugs Sylvie
    xxx
    enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Karen ,lovely layout
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If in doubt read the instructions LOL!! Great Christmas card using the candle dies which might need to go onto my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Karen! huggles Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous Karen, love it, sorry you got your challenges mixed up but at least you have your card ready for the next one! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeously festive card, Karen ... fabulous glisten and shine! And your ahead for next time ... yay! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, that was supposed to say 'you're ahead' ... it's late! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Christmas card Karen, love this die you have used..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is Beautiful, Karen!!! You did a great job with those candles!! Lovely card!!

    I'm glad that it's not only me who have things mixed up sometimes!! At least you can relax now for a few days, knowing that you are ahead on what needs to be done for next time!!

    Have a super week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Karen. Love the tartan background and the image is perfect for the Lights theme. Thanks for playing along with this fab card. Have a great week, my friend.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful, no-one would guess it was a last minute rush to be made. Upside, as you say, next times challenge is in the bag.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm late with me comment Karen - I looked for your link on the CCC but it wasn't working then I thought "mmmmm will just try the blog to check" Yippee I got it right for once - lol. However I am now once again reminded of this gorgeous die, which I NEEEEEED so much. Carol's card had sort of made my mind up and now you have definitely done it for me. Your card (last minute!!!) is lovely, I would still be making me mind up about which paper to use!!!! I think it is beautiful.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good save! The candles look lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas card, Karen! I love your layout and you used the candles die to such lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karen you are not alone getting mixed up, but then my issue is usually more one of being late. I'm late commenting on this but it's gorgeous and I'm glad I got to see it even if a little late. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. So cheerful too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karen....great card I love that die ....it seems to live on my desk at the moment!.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is fabulous! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did I miss visiitng this lovely card. So sorry that I missed it!
    You made a fab recovery card. The candle die is a beauty! I really like the plaid DP too...always love some plaid at Christmas,

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)