Followers

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Lost without my camera!!!

Just in case you thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth............ I have been busy making samples for tonight's craft club night. I would love to post some photographs but my camera has broken and I am totally lost without it; didn't realise quite how much I used it. I took it into Jessops but they wanted £25 non-refundable for an estimate and the girl in the shop said she hadn't seen any repairs come back under £80-£100.............. hmmm!! Anyway, I saw a new camera in the shop so took a note of it's number and when I got home did a Google search on it. Could get it much cheaper from Hong Kong or France but was concerned about the import tax. Then by pure chance I saw the same camera as mine being auctioned on eBay. It had been bought from West Meryside police as part of their clearance of seized goods etc and the starting price was £1 although it didn't have a memory card in it. Well, I thought it was worth a go and I actually won it for £26 including p&p which is just about the same price as getting the repair estimate!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that when it arrives and I transfer over my memory card that everything works okay. It is definitely worth a try before I spend loads of money on a new one - so hopefully I will be able to post again before the week's out.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Karen :o)

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you are lucky with the camera find - a bargain!! I was wondering why no pictures of your club samples.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)