Followers

Monday 15 February 2010

Patchwork Butterfly


I've just received an A4 stamp sheet from Graphicus called Patchwork Butterfly and it's absolutely lovely. The large butterfly (which has been stamped and coloured onto shrink plastic in this card) is a massive 6".............

I stamped the panel image using black Memento ink and coloured in using my Promarkers. The smaller butterfly also had the same treatment. As I said, the large butterfly was stamped onto shrink plastic using StazOn ink, shrunk and then coloured on the back using Promarkers - don't attempt to colour in the front as both the StazOn and Promarkers are alcohol based and the outline image will end up as a blurred/smudged mess!!

I have matted and layered the panel onto black and pink mirri and I used my Martha Stewart doily edge punch with a piece of ribbon wrapped around the bottom. The sentiment has been stamped onto white card and, again, matted onto black and pink mirri. The strip down the right hand side was edged using the samp punch, a piece of backing paper down the middle with the same ribbon adhered down the centre. Three loops of ribbon were attached to the top and I used three pearls. The shrink butterfly is attached further down the page and although it looks much darker the same colours were used. A final touch of some glitter and Diamond Glaze and the card was finished.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. That certainly is a huge butterfly - I've resisted it so far but love what you have done with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)