Followers

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Using metal with free machine embroidery



I've been taking some time out from card making to concentrate on my free machine embroidery and have been using metal together with free machine embroidery.


This is done in an embroidery hoop with solufleece. It is quite difficult to get a good enough photo of reflect the delicacy of these pieces but at least it will give you an idea.


I am hoping to use this type of work on my piece of ethnic jewellery that I am making in my free machine embroidery course but that won't be completed until the summer as I am still working on the design and what types of embroidery, fabrics, metals etc will be used.


I think it is going to be a heavy collar/necklace but have to work out a lot of things before I even start on it.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy and these are great - I know how long these things take to make too so well done.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)