Followers

Saturday 29 May 2010

Silhouettes

This weeks challenge at Bah Humbug is silhouettes so I was thinking of using an image from Joanna Sheen's Dancing with Shadows CD but my friend Anne beat me to it!!! So I had to get my thinking cap on. Did a bit of a trawl on the internet but didn't come up with anything I liked so went through my Christmas stamp box and found a Creative Expressions set which has silhouette images on it.

I have used a square white base card and covered it with a black and silver backing paper from my stash, added a piece of vellum across the centre which was punched using my Fiskars border punch. I added a ribbon across the vellum. The robin image was stamped in black and clear embossed, as was the Merry Christmas sentiment around it. They were both cut out using Nesties circles dies and then mounted onto black mirri card cut using a Nellies die. I had a flourish die and cut two from black mirri but they were too big for the corners so I cut off the "swirls" which I then used at the bottom left and top right of the vellum. The addition of some gems finished the card off.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Karen. Love the pretty stamp you have used. Thank you for joining in with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very effective card Karen, love the image that you have used.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen, love that little robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job! I like the stamped image. I love the Fiskars Border punch. Are you a Fiskateer too?

    Ziggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - love the stamp. So effective. A really great Christmas card.
    Ann xxx
    Just for Fun
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Karen and so perfect for our challange. Gorgeousimage and backing papers I like how you have backed the central image.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)