Followers

Sunday 18 September 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge 37 - Swirls & Flourishes

This weeks challenge over at Humbug Towers is Swirls & Flourishes.  I decided to use one of my new Me to You Winter Wonderland stamp set as I think these images are so cute.  Stamped in Memento and coloured in with Letraset Fleximarkers which are brilliant.  I do love my Promarkers and Tria pens but love the brush tip on the Fleximarkers.  Can't wait til they bring out new colours to add to the range.  I've used my nesties to die cut the image and mat.  The backing paper is from my stash.  I put a piece of silver mat card in an embossing folder (swirls) and ran it through my Joy Trouvaille, rounded the corners and added a pink spotty ribbon.  The main image was layered on top.  I have used a Marianne Flourish, Stampin Up sentiment (cut using SU circle and scalloped circle punches) and added a piece of ribbon to this.  The snowflake is a Whimsy Stamps die and this was a strange bit of serendipity.  I wanted to cut the snowflake out of glittered paper but thought it would be too thin and might tear, so placed it on a piece of the pink card and ran it through my Joy.  When it came out the other side it had sort of welded both pieces together which was quite a nice effect so I left it.  I added some Embellishment Attic Snow for Tatty Ted to stand on.

Thanks for dropping by.

4 comments:

  1. A really pretty pink card with Tatty Ted dancing in the snow - lovely swirly effect too with the emabellishments

    ReplyDelete
  2. So different in pink and I love Tatty Ted:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen..love Tatty Ted also and love all your swirls


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Karen! Great details and lovely swirls. Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week!

    Barb, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)