Followers

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Make My Monday - Challenge 16 Metal Steampunk

This weeks challenge over at Make My Monday is continuing with their Steampunk challenge using Metal on our cards.  I have used a Kanban image of the dapper gentleman.  Backing paper is from their Industriana pad, as is the sentiment and ribbon border.  I took some sage green card and put it through my Joy with a TH embossing folder.  I then rubbed some metallic rub on over the raised areas, used my Versamark pad and clear embossed the piece.  The metal element comes from the gears which I have die cut using Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets and my pewter Art Emboss foil and then they've been coloured using alcohol inks.  The car registration number strip came from my stash.  Don't think the photo does it justice as it's quite a dark card but hopefully manly enough!!!

Thanks for dropping by.

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant and definitely a manly card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great steampunk card - thanks for joining in at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous piecee of art and for our make my monday challenge. Hope to see you again. Xiaoping

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the photo is fine, I enlarged it and it looks terrific. I do like the Kanban steampunk style, a little softer than others for me. Well done. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really fabulous creation Karen. The image and backing paper are lovely and the gears great.
    Thanks for taking part in this week's Make My Monday challenge and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)