Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Addicted to Stamps - Sketch Challenge #1

Hi Everyone - hope for those in the UK you are making the most of this long awaited summer weather!!!  Well, it's that time of the week for the next challenge over at Addicted to Stamps which is a Sketch challenge.

For my take on the sketch I've made up an A5 base card from black ribbed cardstock and all the mats and layers are on the black and white card.  The main image is from a Creative Expressions stamp set and I've stamped once on the white card and once on patterned paper and then paper pieced the image.  The two smaller images are from Hampton Art called Vintage Ladies and I've used the same method to paper piece them.  I've then used my Fleximarkers to colour the skin etc.  The main image and the mat have been punched using a Martha Stewart punch.  On the centre panel I have die cut the border using my Memory Box Bubble Daisy Border ...... isn't it pretty?  I've added quite a few pearls to finish off the design.

Please pop over to the Addicted to Stamps blog to look at all the inspiration the Design Team have for you.

Thanks for joining me today.

12 comments:

  1. What a stylish and chic card. Isn't she just lovely! I love your take on the sketch too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what no Bella???? blimey bet the waiting he killing you, will check again this evening :) another elegant creation with super colour combination just gorgeous
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen and great images

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good interpretation of the sketch and nice images with the paper piecing. You are right that MB die is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's ever so glamorous, just like your card! Fab creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card Karen, love the paper piecing.
    Val x
    The ef hasn't got a name think I got it at Ally Pally:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Karen, am so glad you received the sun I sent it seems that the Greek postal system was quite quick this time. Am commenting on your card waiting for my flight it's the fastest Internet I have had all week ! Love this elegant beauty. Gorgeous images and so beautifully coloured and stylish.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmmmmmmm still not enough magic dust for you to play I see, lol xx no pressure just would love to see what you do with them
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen your images are lovely! Am very impressed that you flipped the sketch - it's worked out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo la la, Karen, love your flirty hotty-totty lady card!!! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh a great card Karen, so elegant

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the elegant fashion theme Karen. Hope you're making the most of the sunshine! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)