Followers

Saturday 14 July 2012

Wedding card

It's our friends Gill and Ian's wedding today and I've just got back from the church - wonderful ceremony.  You may remember I made all their wedding invitations etc a while ago so thought you might like to see the wedding card I made for them;

 The first photograph is of the box and then there is the closed card, the open card, a close up of the individual "pearls" and another of the accordion mechanism that goes into making one of these boxed card.

I had been trying to get Couture Creations "Tied Together" embossing folder for this but no-one has any stocks of it.  Seemingly it was supposed to be a limited edition (?) but there has been such a call for more stock that they are trying to get more made.  In it's place I have used Couture Creations "Wicker Weave" e/f and at each join I have (painstakingly.......)used Liquid Pearls to add a faux pearl - on the card it was all around the outside - and took me ages!!!  lol  Still if a job's worth doing well....... etc.

For the main image I borrowed my friend Anne's stamp "At the Altar" by Stampendous which is lovely.  Stamped and embossed with silver detail e/p and then the detail of the dress was decoupaged to add some interest and some Liquid Pearl used in the bouquet.  Die cut using nesties and mounted on silver mirri card.  The sentiment was printed on my laser printer and put through my foiling machine, die cut and mounted on silver mirri.  Some diamond gems were added.

The main book card was an A4 sheet of pearl card with the spine marked 1cm either side of the centre point (giving a 2cm spine).

For the actual accordion part of the card I measured the height and width of the back half of the outer card and cut two pieces of card the height of the back and two the width of the back and it depends on how high you want your book to be as to the length of card you cut.  When you've decided you score each piece at 2cm measurements to get mountain and valley folds.  When you've got crisp folds then all the edges fit into each other a bit like interlocking fingers.

The fancy edges are a Martha Stewart punch and I've added some silver mirri die cuts to each corner.    Before I put it together I added a piece of acetate for the window. 

The wording that you can see through the window was a lovely wedding verse I found on the internet.  Again I've added some die cuts before adding the actual book mechanism.

Close up of the embossing & Pearls
On the inside of the cover I have embossed and cut a piece of card for a pocket and again put a fancy edge on it.  I've then added a silver embossed and die cut heart.


Right, we're off to the reception.  Thanks for dropping by and hope you all have a great weekend....... at least it's not raining (at the moment!!!).
The mechanism of the accordion folds

9 comments:

  1. A stunning Wedding card Karen. Book cards are perfect for special occasions, and this one is awesome!
    Absolutely fabulous!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow so serene elegant and totally gorgeous, so much attention to detail simply stunning
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this gorgeousness Karen! Your attention to detail is amazing and I bet they will treasure this for ever! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely incredible project that will be an amazing keepsake for the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - such a lot of work in this card and box - absolutely beautiful and such attention to detail. I'm sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karen, what a lot of beautiful work but I'm sure they fully appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, this is just beautiful and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gift in itself. Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Karen, love these book cards! The stamp is gorgeous and the decoupage really shows it up.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)