For our challenge we have decided to take our
"Less is More"
header as the inspiration for this challenge.
Hmmmm - well I had a thunk about this and here is what I came up with.............
I decided to CASE the blog header and started off with a Cuttlebug music embossing folder as I didn't have a stamp to do the job - instead of embossing it all I did was inked it up, put some card in and pressed down with my fingers and got the music impression. The next layer was similar - I used a Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder Fancy Frame - I inked it up but then put a piece of vellum in it and ran it through my Joy machine. I then cut around the embossed frame. The kraft card and topper were cut out with my new Stampin Up dies and the sentiment is from Stampin Up Love and Laughter set. Now, I felt the background lacked something or other so dug out an old flourish stamp (unknown origin) and stamped that just off to the side of the music notes. I then used the same SU die (largest one) to shape both the ends of this piece of card - I'm sure you all know how to do this now but if not then please email and I will try to explain! I then inked the edges with DI's. All this was layered up and put on a 5x7 card base which had it's corners rounded. I then used some lovely SU pleated ribbon and some matching pearls.
Thanks for stopping by. I love to read all your comments and will try to pop by to repay the favour.