Followers

Friday 11 December 2009

Birthday cards

As well as it being my sister Val's birthday at the beginning of December it was also Anne's birthday whilst we were away in Paignton on the parchment weekend.

For my sister's card I have used a lovely little stamp set from Craftwork Cards called "Shaken not Stirred". Val loves her cocktails and I thought this was so appropriate for her. I stamped the image of the cocktail glass three times and matted and layered onto red cardstock. I stamped the cherry image into each of the glasses in red ink and then used Diamond Glaze over the top of them. I stamped the cherry image on the card base using first, second and third impressions. Used a lovely piece of foiled black/silver card and placed my three glasses on top. I then used my nesties for the greeting.

The card for Anne used the cupcakes stamp set from Creative Expressions which was then matted and layered using my nesties. I used an impressabilities for the background piece of card which had been inked with VersaMark so after I had run it through my Big Shot I then dusted it with embossing powder which gives a really nice effect. I used a Martha Stewart lace border punch ontop of the background card and also on the greeting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)