Followers

Friday 15 January 2010

Bleaching Technique


Must be on a roll today!!!! I keep returning to the Stampin Up Touch of Nature set for some reason and used the flower as the main image on this card.

I made a 5" square card blank with SU card, took the flower image and clear embossed it around the left hand side and bottom of the card. I had cut out some masks from post-it notes so some of the flowers could look like they were behind some of the others.

I then took some clear bleach and a fine paintbrush and painted over the flowers to take out the colour. When this had dried I searched out my Pearl-Ex powders and mixed with a little water and painted the flowers which really seems to make them "pop". The sentiment is from another Stampin Up range which has been die cut and matted using my nesties. Finishing touch were three pearls coloured copper with my Krylon leafing pen.

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice effect - I often get very mixed results using bleach so guess it is to do with the type of card used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another lovely card, but Im not sure Im brave enough to use bleach again, it doesn really work for me, perhaps im using the wrong brand :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)