Saturday, 2 January 2010
I have just managed to finish off my project that I started in my free machine embroidery class before Christmas.
I made the fabric completely from scratch on a base of black felt, then adding leaf shapes in various fabrics with a sheer over the top and then free machine embroidery over the top of that. The fabric was lined, pattern cut out and then each raw edge had to be zigzagged over three times (different lengths and widths of stitch) before sewing together. The actual shape of the bag is really nice but it was difficult to get a photograph that showed it off to it's best. The bag comes to a point at the bottom and looks somewhat medieval. Holes were made in each section for the cord to go through and from the left over fabric leaves were cut out to attach to the sides of the bag and then had beads sewn on to them.
I really enjoyed doing this project especially as the complete thing was made from virtually nothing.
Thanks for looking.