Having already had a go at making my own fabric I was itching to have another try at it.
This photo shows the basic goodies you need - black felt and some bits and pieces of fabric from sheers to cottons.
Then with the aid of some free machine embroidery you end up with a piece of fabric that looks something like this.
I took the fabric and cut out four pieces to make my bag. Each piece had to be zigzagged around the edges and then sewn together with each of the pieces making a point at the bottom of the bag. Next I made two holes in each side to take the cord - I used a plain paper punch and set in eyelets using my Crop-a-Dile. I attached a tassel and some beads to the bottom of the bag. Unfortunately I didn't have a tassel that matched the bag and then hit upon the idea of using my Promarkers to colour it - it was pale blue to start with and it's now purple. I think it worked a treat and because the Promarkers are alcohol based it dried immediately. Out of the left over fabric I cut out three flowers which I sewed together and then attached to the bag and sewed a bead to the centre of each flower.
Thanks for joining me today.