Followers

Monday 16 January 2012

18th card

I've been asked to make three 18th birthday cards - two for the same lad and one for a girl.  I'm absolutely not bothered about the one for the girl but 18 year old lads are just as bad as men!!!  lol  Anyway the brief I got was that he was into sports but heavily into BMX biking................. it took me an awful long time to find a suitable image but luckily I found a clear stamp from KayCee Crafts.  Then one Sunday I happened to be watching C&C when Joanna Sheen was on and she was introducing a new set of stamps called Speedy Celebrations JS332 with a speedometer, bike chains etc.  I thought this would be ideal and one of the card samples really set my mind whirring so I'd like to give a big heads up to the lovely Sylvie of the Creative Mind of Sylvie who had done some sample cards for the show.  One in particular was brilliant and I have adapted it to make this card.  The base card is two 8x8 square cards joined together to make a K card.  I've covered the card with backing paper from my stash and then added all the embellishments which are on the Joanna Sheen stamp set.  All the chain was silver embossed onto bronze mirri and joined with brads to go round the cogs.  The needle on the speedo is set to 18 and I've added the year of birth where the number of miles would go. 

This photo shows the inside.  I've used the number plate stamp "Just 4 You" also silver embossed onto bronze mirri card and then the sentiment on the last section. 

I do hope he likes it.

5 comments:

  1. Well you have certainly made a fabulous card and he will love it...some times we scratch our heads when we get asked to do commission cards but you've cracked this one.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    Your card is just Brilliant! I love it. I love the colours you have chosen and that image is just fab! I bet he will not only love this card but keep it forever too.
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Karen the speedo and the chains are so realistic! I am sure he will be delighted with such a personalised card:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you say making a card for an 18 year old male takes some thinking about but to make two!! Well done with this one and I'm sure he will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! I love it!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)