Followers

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Less is More - Week 49 - Colour - Purple

This week the LIMettes have been asked to base their card around a colour theme which is:
 
Predominantly Purple

On some white card I have stamped the Vogue Silhouette (Stamps Happen) using Dusty Concorde DI.  I then stamped the same image onto acetate using Royal Purple Stazon in.  I drew around the outline and on the shadows of the dress with a Quickie Glue pen, waited for it to dry, and then used purple foil to add more colour.  I then cut the acetate out and used a purple brad to attach it to the original stamped image.  I matted this onto some purple mirri card.  The sentiment is from Hobby Arts and I stamped it in the Dusty Concorde again and clear embossed it.  It was then die cut using a labels die and mounted onto purple mirri.  This was very difficult to photograph as the purple seems almost to turn black but I've taken the front view and a side view so you can see the acetate overlay.



 

9 comments:

  1. This is really interesting Karen and a fab technique!
    What a super dress too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very chic and elegant card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I love this elegant image and you've presented it beautifully! I'll bet it looks fantastic IRL and you can see the acetate layer properly, Love it:0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - wish I had a waistline to fit into that frock! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card Karen, love the image:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chic card. Oh to be able to wear that dress!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely!
    I do like acetate on cards

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS, so elegant and stylish hugs karen x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments and thoughts are really appreciated, as is the time you've taken to leave them :o)